The Charleston Museum Website
Alert history buffs!
We have launched a beautiful new website for the Charleston Museum. When a client is really passionate about what they do (and so fun to work with), it is a special moment to help them bring their passion and vision to life.
Here are some of the key features of the new website:
- Design and messaging that accurately reflects what is inside the Museum. Did you know Charleston was the USA’s first museum? Many people are unaware that the Museum is not just rich in Charleston artifacts, but also in pieces that were collected across the globe to help the early people of Charleston learn about the rest of the world.
- A new events and ticketing platform that allows the Museum to easily sell tickets online for both their events and general admission tickets.
- The ability to donate or become a member online has been vastly simplified with less complicated forms than before.
- A smoother group ticketing reservation process.
- An incredible collections database tool. More on this fantastic tool outlined below!
While the design and imagery are stunning, the website redesign was actually made possible by a grant that was devoted to bringing the Museum’s gigantic collection online. If you’ve ever been to the Museum and seen the many exhibits, you may think you’ve seen it all. Not by a stretch. There’s a private, staff only, Indiana Jones-style storeroom that houses all sorts of wild artifacts. Extinct stuffed birds, fragile documents that only experts can touch, crazy snakes in formaldehyde… it’s incredible! Well, the good news is that now much of it is available for you to see online. Check out the tool and let us know what you think. And if the content on the website piques your interest, pop on over to the Museum and see it for yourself, in person.