Nest Realty 3.0 – Site Launch Recap
We’re excited to launch the latest version of Nest Realty. The site has undergone several iterations since the original launched in 2009. A lot has changed since then – in the web development world and with the Nest team. Nest Realty is now in five locations, operates a property management company in Charlottesville, and has builders and developers clamoring for them to represent their communities. But even as things change, their commitment to being a different – and better – real estate brokerage remains the same. We’re honored to work with a client that is so passionate about pushing their industry to bigger and better things.
We’ll be following this post with a deeper dive on the process and thinking behind the site, but for now here are a few key highlights:
– A fresh new front end design built on Foundation – our development platform of choice. It’s responsive down to tablet size (we’re keeping the mobile specific site for now) and features an off-canvas menu for some of the extras.
– The launch of a curation tool for the Nest team to highlight their deep expertise in individual areas of each market. We’re calling them “handpicked properties.”
– Behind the scenes is a new “engine” that will make it easier to integrate disparate MLS databases into the custom front end of the Nest site. This means a more consistent experience across the sites and a faster launch in new markets.
– Tons of new content and imagery. The Nest team did an amazing job gathering content from their agents. The area and neighborhood guides are full of content about the neighborhoods, restaurants, and “Nest picks” that make each of their cities a great place to live.
– A gorgeous listing display for Nest listings. They’ve always taken great photography so
we wanted to make sure their listings looked amazing. Full-width imagery, the agent front and center, and clear call to action make you want to savor each listing.
– An emphasis on new listings. Nest wants to make their site the go-to place to stay on top of the market. The overview page of each buy your home section has a new listings counter that is updated hourly.
There’s plenty more we’ll review soon – but for now just enjoy the site!