8 Email No No’s
1) Putting all of the content in the subject line of your email.
2) ALL CAPS. WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? ARE YOU UPSET?
3) The ugly cousin of all caps, multiple punctuation. Do you ever do this???????? Don’t.
4) Responding to only the email sender, and leaving all CC’ed individuals off the response. When you leave people off the email that were CC’ed there could be a communication break down. They were likely CC’ed for a reason.
5) Spelling airrors. They are distracting and easily resolved with a few seconds of proofreading.
6) Expecting someone to respond to an email between 6pm and 8am, or on the weekend.
7) Including an image in your signature (i.e. logo). It will typically show up as a broken image in most email clients and doesn’t really add value.
8) BCC’ing someone’s boss in an email putting someone down. That ain’t cool.