Blue Ion Is Seeking A PR & Communications Intern
**Update: This position has been filled for Spring 2018. Please stay tuned to the blog and social media for future internship opportunities.
We’re looking for a junior or senior rockstar who is ready to jump in to support our Communications team with a variety of tasks related to public relations, marketing, and content production. If you love to read and write, have a keen eye for newsworthy stories, and are interested in bringing out the best in brands – we’d love to talk.
We believe that our job is as cool as they get. Each day is different and our clients are rad, ranging from food & beverage mainstays to powerhouse lawyers. And the best part? We get to share their awesome stories with the world. Our work is exciting and gets us out of bed every day, so we hope to find an intern who is just as excited to learn and work alongside us.
- Monitor and report on client news
- Editorial calendar research
- Research and build media lists
- Help shape and execute client PR and content strategy
- Attend client meetings
- Help build Blue Ion’s presence across all media platforms
What We’re Looking For
- Current journalism or communications major with an interest in public relations
- A strong understanding of what makes compelling news
- A love of social media and an eye for emerging trends
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable with a fast-paced (and fun!) environment
- Ability to work 2-3 days a week, part time (we’re flexible around class schedules – school comes first)
- A dog lover (we often have furry friends in the office)
- Bonus points to those with prior internship experience
Perks of the Gig
- We work in a sweet space with equally sweet clients
- No two days are the same
- Cold beer on tap (for those of age)
- Ability to learn from our amazing creative colleagues – who are programmers, videographers, designers, strategists, the list goes on.
- Writing clips + added street cred to your resume
A Bit More About Us
Blue Ion is a full-service digital marketing firm that creates energy around brands – across every medium you can imagine. We’ve been at it since 2000, and our combined team comes from an array of disciplines, has a variety of skills, and loves the work they do. We’re fortunate to work in spaces as inspiring as our clients. In Charleston, alongside our computers and drawing boards, a kitchen, bar, game and conference room, and stage create a space that’s more gathering place than office space.
Still reading along and picking up what we’re putting down? Drop us a line with your resume and writing clips (class work is fine) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hey, like this post? Why not share it with a buddy?Tweet